Although the English language is composed of more than one million individual words, 90% of all written and spoken texts consist of 7,500. The Macmillan English Dictionary highlights these vital 7,500 in red, encouraging students to quickly understand the basic words needed to speak and write fluently.
This is a practical reference book for the classroom and home, which offers invaluable support for those who want to write and speak English accurately.
- Complete content of the printed dictionary.
- MORE additional placements, synonyms and word origins
- Guide on how to use the dictionary.
- Search using wildcards and suggested words.
- Predictive text in the search helps you with spelling when searching for words
- Search for idiomatic expressions and compound verbs.
- Search history to help you find recently searched words
(4.0.3 and up)
Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3 - 4.0.4),Jelly Bean (4.1 - 4.3.1),KitKat (4.4 - 4.4.4),Lollipop (5.0 - 5.1.1),Marshmallow (6.0 - 6.0.1),Nougat (7.0 – 7.1.1),Oreo (8.0-8.1), Pie(9.0)